Brief and debrief each day of the event
Your team needs to be trained on your new products and services and on how to welcome visitors. Schedule a ritual meeting every day before and after the fair. Here are some briefing and debriefing examples.
BRIEFING – The meeting before the opening
- Remind your team of the marketing strategy and the offers, partnerships and resources on the booth.
- Review quantitative and qualitative targets.
- Allocate your staff’s roles on the booth and remind them of the timetable/schedule.
- Specify whether any customers require personalised or special treatment: for example, VIP customers, large groups, influencers or journalists.
DEBRIEFING – Closing review
- Gather feedback from your team: discuss the issues that helped or hindered your employees.
- Share best practices for dealing with visitors.
- Review all visitor questions.
- This is the perfect time to tell your team about positive and negative opinions received from visitors!